Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Just another post from Quarantine :-)


Mkay, working partially from home and going in to the “office” every couple of days is…  Interesting?  LOTS of e-mail and IM questions, but if I am being honest, they are really at about the volume I would have been getting were I there and wandering the halls of the building as it were…  A LOT of what I wind up doing involves what we refer to as “drive by” work where we have no real record of it, just someone saying “Oh, since I ran into you, this is broken”.  So, with that and moving EVERYTHING to online only…  Well, not seeing a shortage of work and frankly am seeing a lot of the IT folks on Campus getting closer to “burn out”.  I am getting there as well, so fully understand it happening.  With the “we can do more with fewer IT folks” having been the mantra for the last several years and the budget crunch hitting us hard…  Well, I think we are going to get a lot closer to the breaking point for a number of areas within Campus IT.  I guess we will see what, if anything breaks.  I am hoping it all blows over quickly and without any casualties, either ACTUAL ones with people dying from this or career casualties.  But as I know that despite the assurances that “we are hiring” seeing some of my colleagues getting “T contracts” (terminal contract, so 1 year and you’re out…  Weird local thing at the University where I work)…  And of course actually being IN the interview process for a position I have a vested interest in this J  Will see if it works out I suppose.

Hobby side, I have been getting serious cleaning the Basement of Doom™ and have set up a new, much larger painting station.  Digging up a LOT of ancient things there but concentrating on painting up my Legion things.  Republic (Clones) and Rebels…  Going for a more DAK theme for my Rebel Veterans as opposed to the “Hoth” theme that they are sculpted as more or less…  So, green jackets, “Dunkel Gelb” (dark yellow, more “desert sand”) and likely the DG for their hats/helmets…  Something different at least.  My Clones have only the single Phase II squad to go with the 3-4 Phase I squads…  Only a single BARC and Tank to support.  Wound up with 3 Rebel AT-RTs though, so one might well get re-purposed to GAR…  All are magnetized for easy weapon swaps, and of course I’ll be getting at least one of the new GAR AT-RTs for the model/cards…  At the moment, I suspect I’ll play Rebel at 800 points as I simply have too limited a pool of things for my Republic forces…  And being stubborn I’ll probably play Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso for a list that almost all Infiltrates to really mess with the missions.  Some of the missions I will be able to essentially automatically win…  Others?  Well, a hard loss, but I will be sure to kill a bunch of their stuff on the way down…  Kind of an “Airborne” thing I guess.  HAVE TTS now, but still have not gotten in an actual game…  Time constraints with the work overload being a thing…

X-Wing?  Well…  Same boat.  Considered joining one of the online leagues, but honestly my concern would be the fact that my work load at the moment is volatile and near the maximum…  My Jedi ARE fun to fly, and I have my 4th Aethersprite ready for a quick coat of paint…  Guess it will be a “when this all clears up” thing.

Other life stuff?  Bike is running well, will probably ride in to the building tomorrow as I am required to do some stuff on site…  The cats and dog are loving us being around all of the time I suppose…

No comments:

Post a Comment