Thursday, September 22, 2011

Late September...

Mkay, weird one...  Looking to hire, but...  Due to the weird situation here, UIUC Student for some of the positions (hourly, decent $) or what they call "Academic Hourly", meaning degree, paid hourly, no benefits, etc...  So, NOT the best situation, but an excellent "in" to the University system... 

On the rest of the "work" front, things are progressing well I think.  Still tying up some loose ends from my transition period, but things are coming together pretty well.  Ordering myself a new laptop, looking at the Dell E6520's...  i7 processor, 8G RAM, decent vid card, etc... My old 17" workhorse is about done.  4 years of lugging back and forth to work seems to be the upper limit for that hardware..  The new 15.4" frame will I think fit into the luggage on my bike, making it a bit easier to transport I think...

Gaming wise, FINALLY getting back to the basement to get the painting finished up for my Consecrator's Deathwing force to field w/ Dave out in Bloomington next Month...  3 full squads of Terminators kitted out as Assault Troops, each with a Cyclone Missile Launcher in the squad, and loads of TH/SS lads...  We'll see how well it works...

No comments:

Post a Comment