Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Changes...

Last Friday I wandered off to the weekly "Caffeine Break" meeting that Craig Jackson organized and have now become something of an institution at the University...  Weird feeling, like I am actually in "middle management" now.  I've been going to these meetings for quite some time now, but I was pretty much just some random IT guy who mostly sat quietly and listened.  Now I'm much more involved in the discussions, and I actually know pretty much everyone there...  And a lot of us have moved up in the ranks as it were.  Not saying there is a direct correlation between attendance and promotion, but it is really interesting to watch.  Have to admit that between that and the peer coaching thing I've gotten myself into a pretty good position for the future there.  Kind of a good thing after the last few years prior to Craig and Bart helping me along into Atlas where I more or less painted myself or allowed myself to be painted into a corner in Math.  Allowed me to change jobs without walking away from what I built over the years.  And now I have actual minions :-)...

Gaming, time for me to get my cardstock drop pods put together since it looks like I'm going to be playing over at Flatcon with Dave in a team tournament...  Fleshtearers for me :-)  We're just here to air assault and kill things.  We hold objectives by being the only things alive at the end of the game :-)....

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news on the networking/coffee break thing. I am always excited to see folks moving into new areas and get rewarded for hard work.

    Also, you have a very distinct way of describing how to win at 40K. I would love to be able to pull it off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Well, I think you'll like the Grey Knights... At the very least, you don't have to pay a penalty to get to useful troops... But, yes, my Fleshtearers are the least subtle army I play in 40K...

    ReplyDelete