Thursday, April 14, 2011

Loyalty :-)

Was reminded today that loyalty is always a two way street...  And that once a person or a group proves over and over that they do not see things in the same way, perhaps it is time to simply move on.  :-)  To me at least it completely validates my recent decisions, so there is a certain freedom in that once you let go... Kind of like hooking up to a static line, not sure exactly where you are going to land, but it is far too late to change your course once you get to the door :-)

Ah well, back to gaming stuff :-)

Next week I think I bring something completely different for the GK's...  We've played the one army in the league I did not feel our armies had an answer for, so let's try some of the other weird stuff...  Things like a Grand Master with the Psytrope grenades (thanks to Mike at http://whiskey40k.blogspot.com/2011/04/busy-gk-and-addendums.html for pointing out something I completely missed)...  I'm really liking the 10 man Terminator squad with the banner, so they'll likely be a staple unit...  Haven't tried the Purifiers yet, so they'll likely come out to play in a Rhino...  Strike squad in Razor/Rhino to run next to Loq's Land Raider and make deep strikers pay dearly for daring to drop in on us...  AC/TLAC DN w/ Psy ammo for an aggressive Dread and rolling in with the Terminators and other vehicles...  Probably not the biggest threat, so it might even live :-)  For a while at least...  Ironically, I might have the Dreadknight mostly assembled, but might have it sit out to free up a mess of points...Or bring it, he is an unholy terror against things like the IG masses and most Marine stuff...  Dunno...  Too many toys I want to bring, not enough points...  Not many teams left to play in the league, so pretty darn good idea what we'll be facing at this point I think...

4 comments:

  1. I think we have Spiky/Wolves and StarDar left to face. StarDar is having a lot of trouble with consistency and troops slots, while Spiky/Wolves are dealing with the learning curve of a new army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the IG/BA force IIRC... Can't remember if we played them this league or not... Against the spikeywolves your LR full of CC troops/EC will do well I think, I would not field line squads w/ heavy weapons there... Against Eldar, I think my psy powers will be "limited" as they were against Greg's Eldar... But I think it will be interesting at least...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about IG/BA- you're right. That's a WHOLE LOT of shooty, which I have very little answer for except HIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go the other way... GM can give d3 units Scout... I can either scout move forward or flank, hoping to appear in the backfield on the right side to go directly into HtH with their backfield troops... The scout move would work much better on a Vehicle borne unit (Purifiers in Rhono or Dreadknight), so I'd say the flanking Terminator squad would be quite useful...

    ReplyDelete