Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let’s see what happens…

Well, let's see what I can bring to the table here… If Loq brings Land Raiders of Doom, and I bring a light supporting force…


 

Castellan Crowe 150


 

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor 25


 

Plasma Syphon 10


 

Rad or Psytrope grenades 15


 

Purifiers (2*Psycannon, 3 Halberds) 146


 

Rhino 40


 

Purifiers (2*Psycannon, 3 Halberds) 146


 

Rhino 40


 

Dreadknight (Tele,Incinerator,) 235


 

DN (Assault Cannon/TLAC, Psy ammo)135


 

This leaves me 67 points… But then I thought, what does Crowe actually bring to the table in this list? Changing the Purifiers to troops, sure, but really at 1000 points and only 2 min size squads… And I think that a Strike Squad in a Rhino to project the 12" bubble of "No Deep Strikers" might be better for the team… So perhaps a Brotherhood Champion substituting for Crowe to ride with Purifiers and the Inquisitors in a Rhino. Strike Squad to sub in for one Purifier squad mostly just for more "troops" and give the 12" protection for the critical few turns to get the whole army across the field…


 

Brotherhood Champion             100

Xenos Inquisitor                50

Purifier Squad (2 Psycannon, 3 Halb)    146

    Rhino                40

Strike Squad (Psycannon)        110

    Razorback (TLLC)        80

Dreadknight (Teleporter, H Incinirator)    235

Dreadnaught (Ass Cannon, TLAC, Psy)    135


 

So, ~100 points left over… And perhaps a second Heavy weapon for the DK, more Grenades for the Inq and another Purifier or two? Might need a hammer in the squad too… Also, this would be the first "Terminator free" list I've played in 2 Leagues… But we'll see how well it works out I guess…

7 comments:

  1. I'd take your 100pts in the last list and add a few bodies each.

    I've found running purifiers at 7 (5halberds, 2psycannon) (or 4halberds, 1hammer, 2psycannon) works well.
    Strike squads I like at the full 10 with 2psycannon, for combat squadding. Although the beauty of Strike squads is striking and taking side armor shots. They're also pretty nice for anti-DS.

    another thing I've found? Vindicare is GOLD for tank killing. In the Kokomo tourney over the weekend, I had him kill a Dread and Land Raider in one game, in another game he drew the fire from 2 Wave Serpents, and 2 falcons on first turn (which let my Land Raider with Termies and Libby cross the board) In the third game, he popped a Russ Demolisher and a Vendetta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the Vindicare, how are you seeing the interaction with it's 4d6 armor penetration with things like Rending and Necron Monoliths? With the rend, I'd assume that ANY of the d6 coming up 6 gives you the additional d3 for rending, but... And the Necron thing? Eh, maybe it simply doesn't work until their codex is rewritten... Have to admit, the Vindicare is the one assassin I'd use (my old driver was/is an Army sniper, and I've worked with them a lot over the years....), just the ability to pick out specific targets is almost always worth it for me at least :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, I've not even worried about rending.

    sniper rifles are 3+1d6 for armor pen. Since the exitus is listed as being str X like a sniper rifle (and I think it's talked about like it's a sniper rifle) It should be 3+4d6 with the turbo penetrator. I'd bet it's also still rending, so any of the 6's is a rend, plus it's AP1.

    I rolled bad once, and glanced the demolisher. Which still isn't too bad. I don't remember if I had a 6 in there or not.
    I bet the Mamalith still ignores the extra dice, but then again, you need to kill Necrons. the Mamalith is there to spew babies out and keep 'em safe.

    I bet the rest of your armies can eat the necrons for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Yeah, the dual Monolith build is amusing, but once I sit down and remember to "stay on target" and just kill the few actual Necrons, it is a fairly one sided affair... Though the DK really does work amazingly well against the Monoliths... As long as I stay focused with any of my armies, it is a fairly short game, trouble for me is staying focused on the little peons while the big nasty uber tanks are floating around... Too Lupine I guess since I want to at least TRY for the big kill :-)

    Yes, it looks like the Vindicare comes out to play, since even the pistol had the 3+4d6 for armor pen at AP 1, and I REALLY like killing commissars and Power Fists hidden in squads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wound up playing a Wolf Drop Pod army... It did not go well for the Wolves with Warp Quake and the massed firepower...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh. That was one type of army I was HOPING to pull in the Kokomo tourney.

    I only got to mishap a DS'ing assault squad though.

    BT/GK combo is not one I'd really want to be podding into. you'll get one turn of shooting before they shoot you better and assault you better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja... I can see the GK codex being a real problem for a lot of the army lists I see online at least :-) It's been a while since I played in a tournament away from CU here... Between Coteaz (sp?) and the Strike/Interceptor squads messing with DS/flankers and the probability that at least once you'll see a "Dawn of War" deployment letting you set up in the center of the board with loads of Psycannon shots... Demons I think are at a very serious disadvantage, and it would be interesting to see how a top flight player overcomes the inherent disadvantages in that match-up...

    ReplyDelete