Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yeah, too many toys :-)

Just doing a bit of random conversion work in the basement… Gearing up to make a few Twin Linked Autocannon arms for my Dreadnaughts, continuing to work on the Spartan class Land Raider Crusader for my Consecrators… And I came to the conclusion that I have WAY too many Terminator suits here… In my Consecrators alone I have something like 40, so perhaps not quite the whole first company for them. My Wolves have maybe 10 ancient suits, my Fleshtearers about the same, a mix of the original lead RT era suits and some modern plastics… And now my Grey Knights… Another mix of the ancient RT suits and some of the 3rd ed era stuff…. But all told another 15 or so that I've found so far… I'll probably end up picking up at least one box of them and another box of the powered armored lads as well finances permitting :-) Right now I'm stripping and repainting a handful I do already have… I'll have to break a few Rhino hulls out of deep storage as well now that they can actually use them… I'll have to get some random pics of the basement o' doom up soon… Finally getting more of it cleared, still finding surprising "stuff" here and there…

5 comments:

  1. heh. I had dibs on IG Chimera that crawled out of your basement, back when people were still playing the French wargame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Well, did find one ancient Chimera back when I broke my Praetorians out of storage along with a BMP-2 that I used as another back then... But after Rackham's death started playing 40K again, so the Chimeras (Chimare? plural, not entirely sure the original language Chimera comes from) are back in service, and I may even field one as an Inquisitor's ride next week...

    But a lot of what I'm finding is a mix of games and firearms... Weird mix of hobbies, but there you go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you interested in more praetorians? I've got some I'm thinking of selling off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) As tempted as I am to say "Yes"... I have a large "Light Infantry" company of them already... Specific models, maybe, but really you'd probably get better prices with one of the other people playing them... I've rotated through my armies quite a bit, and they're WAY back on the back burner...

    ReplyDelete