Monday, November 7, 2011

Feeling more Lupine these days...


So, back to Wolves….  Now, I’ve been playing these lads the longest through a bunch of different incarnations…  Started out when “Leman Russ” was just a normal Marine who happened to be the commander of the “Space Wolves” Legion.  Have the old Mini, though I apparently lost the 2 Wolves that came with it at some point in the last few decades.  RT era, so the scale is WAY off against the current models, he makes an excellent “Scout” mini though…  And I do find it amusing to put it out on the table…  Who is to say that when Russ returns that he won’t simply slip in with the Wolf Scouts?  Guessing the Ragabash among the Scouts would find it a VERY amusing joke/trick to pull off and would likely go far out of their way to assist…  J  Well, more than their natural loyalty to their Primarch of course… 

So, on to modeling and renovating…  Picked up some “Instant Mold” and liquid Green Stuff last week, but still haven’t broken it out…  Will I think be making GS shoulder pads and Storm Shields for the lads.  We’ll see how well it works out. 

For a weapons loadout, I’m looking at a few Terminators with Chain Fist and Storm Shield for the weapons, though that is 68 points…  So, it’ll be a weird loadout, but one I think I can convert fairly easily.  The dual “Wolf Claws” might work, but with only the 5++ save I am concerned they might never actually get to hit anything in HtH.  WC/SS might be a better loadout, but EXPENSIVE.  Scouts are fairly well set, just have to decide on 2 Plasma Pistols or 1 with a Power weapon…  The Mark of the Wulfen on the one Sniper Rifle in the squad is amusing, and while I seldom use the SR, it is nice to have on occasion…

So, running a LOT of Scouts and Wolf Guard…  Very much like my old 2nd edition army, though lacking the jump troops…  I just can’t bring myself to field them these days.  And Long Fangs…  Fortunate I suppose I have a LOT of the old models, so I’ll be fielding at least 2 Packs…  We’ll see how well this stuff works out…

No comments:

Post a Comment