Monday, February 27, 2012

Tournament coming up...

But what to play?  Did pick up some heavy weapon sprues from the Gopher, so in theory I can have a few Eldar vehicles WYSIWYG with the correct heavy weapons...  Just thinking that knowing the local competition, I'd just lose too many :-)

Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Wolves I guess...

My poor Eldar got absolutely tabled in my first league game this evening :-)  Stupid mistake on my part and well played my Mike (playing his DE)...  Dawn of war sucks in so many ways, and facing one of the better modern codexes with a seriously outdated one...  Tried flanking with my War Walkers, Scorpions, etc...  But of course with the DE having enough vehicles to completely block off a flank meant that anything having to deploy there was destroyed...  Ah well :-)  Well played on his part, learning experience for me...  But really convincing me that the Eldar really are hopeless in the current environment...

Think I'll break out the Dark Angels for the Tournament...  At 1850 I can actually break out a LOT of stuff...  And at least they'll have a chance against almost anything out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment