Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Praetorians next?

Back to painting something different for a while I think...  Back to one of my ancient armies.  Might even get a bunch of them FULLY painted as the "base coat" has taken 15 years :-)...





:-)  So, back to some of my ancient IG...See how long before I get absolutely sick of painting the same figure over and over...  But the Light Rifle Company concept I think will be a fairly powerful one in this edition, provided I support it well.  And the IG codex is insanely customizable and VERY powerful if you feel like going in a specific direction.  Me, I was always a fan of heavy weapons and Artillery.  Never did server in the Artillery, but I did a fair amount of the "Call For Fire" as an NCO in a line combat company...  So, unsurprisingly I have a fair idea HOW to use Artillery, Tank support and combined arms tactics...



Got in on the Kickstarter for the Stormtroopers (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/something-wicked-this-way-comes-crusader-plastic-m) here, so I have some what I hope are good "stand in" models for my Veterans and Storm-troopers...  So at the very least I will have something completely different to paint, when they arrive at least :-)...

Looking at repainting the vehicles I have from the "sand" scheme I have for most of them to something different...  Might have to go for something "brown-violet" and make them look like WWII American vehicles...  We'll see I guess...

4 comments:

  1. If you need/want more praetorians, let me know. Mine might go on the sales block sometime soon, along with some Blood Angels I bought from a local garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a possibility :-) I picked up roughly enough to make a Light Rifle Company when they first went through GW's "bargain bin"... But more might not be a bad thing, if only for more conversions, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you decide to sell of the Praetorians and possibly the BA, LMK... Looking at them as I begin the stripping and repainting... Guessing I MIGHT have enough for the current Light Rifles I'd like to field, but not 100%...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to get some pics of the BA's. They're vintage 3rd ed. an Armageddon codex and 3rd ed rulebook came with 'em.

    I know there's a 3rd ed rhino, Land Raider, a Pair of Speeders, and a Pair of DCCW Dreads, plus around 30 BA's and some misc models/bits.

    ReplyDelete