Monday, December 10, 2012

Repainting Praetorians...

Keep forgetting to take a camera or my phone downstairs...  Stripped and repainting the lads.  My first squad is done with the base coat and going with the "dipped" method.  Kind of like the Army Painter stuff, but using the Minwax and a Matte spray...  Saying that, growing up in the 80's, the Matte spray is hair spray of course :-)

Have to say the lads are turning out pretty darn nicely, certainly compared to their original "hey, it has 3 colors" paint for RTT's back in the 3rd edition era...  I know I had 2 Leman Russ tanks at one point, but have only found one so far...  Looking at snagging a 1/32 scale Lee/Grant to see how close it is...  Might end up modifying them if they are close.  Also looking at getting one of the Airships I was working on a while back made with some of the wood and the shop in Psych...  Might work out, at least be a VERY different Valkyrie/Vendetta...  Going with a WWII American paint scheme for the vehicles I think...

3 comments:

  1. I have a few Russes and a Basilisk sitting around in my stuff too, if you want 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hanging out to see some pics, oh well next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Down side of my "hobby lair" being deep in the basement of doom, next to the home gym setup/armory... I tend to not carry my phone around after work... Might have to borrow Maggie's phone as it has an actual camera, but that gets into the politics of using "her" phone :-)...

    Am slightly surprised to find so many random things I had no idea I had, at least 2 full Mortar sections... At 60 points each and the new rules allowing "Artillery Sniping", these might be useful... Or at least not complete crap like they were in the last edition :-)

    ReplyDelete