Thursday, June 6, 2013

So, more thoughts on the Eldar stuff...

OK, so the more I read about the Eldar stuff, the more I am finding that I like...

Dark Reapers:  Yes, they will be expensive as hell.  And they will be an absolute fire magnet for pretty much EVERYTHING on the other side of the table once they hit the table...  But with "Slow and Purposeful", they can easily deploy from a Wave Serpent even if it comes in from Reserve...  They can deploy from the WS and shoot the turn they arrive at full BS.  So, 38 points each as I cannot see using them without the Str 8 AP 3 shot option...  Don't get me wrong, the Str 5 AP 3, Heavy 2 is nice and all but the AT missile shot is going to be huge.  Especially as they ignore jink cover saves, so skimmers, bikes, etc. are all in trouble...  Haven't decided on the Exarch's weapons, but the Tempest Launcher is looking pretty darn good...  Mind, unless one is fighting a Marine "foot" list, his weapon does not fit in well with the rest of the squad's and no split fire so...  Guessing there will be times he just does nothing much at all...  OTOH, there will be times when he wipes out whole squads himself and the rest of the lads can stand back and golf clap...

Holo Fields:  Holy Crap, how did I miss this one the first time through...  So, for the Wave Serpent, the standard cost is NOT 120, it is 135...  Skimmer, so the Junk save of 5+ is a cover save and the Holo Field gives +1 to that...  4+ save in the open, 3+ from ruins, Aegis Lines, etc...

A few more things, like the War Walkers are on my mind...  I have to say the Walkers have a ton of potential, but they can get expensive REALLY quickly.  The Night Spinner with the Torrent Mono-filament template has a bunch of potential as well I think...  Like I said, still wrapping my head around a lot of the things...

No comments:

Post a Comment