Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Next League, 1850 points and more Eldar

Looks like I will be running the next league...  I'll be running it at 1850 and looking like a fair number of the folks want to use the missions from the Adepticon this year (http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=3783) since a bunch of us are looking at heading up there next year...

I'm a bit torn on the 1850 level...  Seems like it is a bit on the higher end where you no longer have to make as many of the hard choices WRT your army...  But we'll see :-)  And any games I get in will be with the new Eldar...

Picked up some more paint hopefully this one will actually be a good match for the stuff I used 20 years ago when I originally painted my Eldar...  I am using the Executioner and Assassin class Ghost Warriors as the new Flamer armed Wraithguard...  With a Spiritseer HQ, they become Troops, so I can have them and normal Wraithguard both loaded up in Wave Serpents as some pretty darn tough Troops.  Another thought is to build an Eldar Bastion equivalent and "staff" it with WG and maybe the Seer?  Something of a small project and I'd need to make it "Eldar" enough to be a good strong point for my lads to hold...

Other than the Wraithguard I am liking a lot of the things I used in the past, the Spiders, Dire Avengers, War Walkers and Scorpions...  The Dark Reapers have made it back to the "YES" list with the inclusion of SnP and the revival of their ancient missiles...  Minus side, I have only the one ancient Armorcast Falcon that I'm going to use as a Wave Serpent...  Guess I do the mold and either dental plaster or resin or something to that effect to make more...

1 comment:

  1. good luck on running the league. I hope you get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete