Tuesday, December 30, 2014

X-Wing, and Winter Gaming at the Gopher...

So, got a bunch of great game stuff for Christmas because my wonderful wife was coordinating with Dave at the friendly Armored Gopher…  Got several X-Wing ships, D&D Attack Wing things and such J…    So, knowing how to play the “Wing” based games, they all seem extremely similar.  D&D has the major difference with the ground and air combat really…  X-Wing has the really big ships, but those are more “epic”, and outside of the normal game scope.  Looks like there is a big X-Wing group locally and there are Store Championships coming up.  And it looks like there is going to be X-Wing on Wednesday and some Saturdays with more events hitting.  Looking like some STAW and D&D stuff will be scheduled as well.  Hopefully more of the STAW group will make it out to play and the D&D group grows.  We seem to have a good solid core, but of course getting 12+ players out to an event is a huge deal and a bit of a stretch currently.  So, have to get more of the kids out to play…  I am not sure how many folks will be out for the X-Wing stuff, but looking forward to that…  Globally at least there seems to be a LOT of momentum behind this game…  And frankly I now have a pretty good sized Rebel fleet J  Thanks to my amazing wife of course! 

Noticed the Attack numbers are a LOT smaller than STAW in X-Wing, and I think this is a very good thing.  STAW gets out of hand quickly with this unbalance.  I think WizKids has addressed part of this, but FFG has avoided it altogether I think…Overall, seems balanced and fun…

Looks like a Journeyman League coming up for Warmachine…  Meh…  J  I’ll play I guess, but have to admit I had a LOT less fun in the last one.  Was my choice or more specifically lack of choice with respect to the casters and the point levels…  My Dwarves will do well enough I think, and it will be quick enough to get in some X-Wing and D&D Attack Wing…  So, more gaming I think…


Work is “meh”…  Waiting it out I guess…  Looking and waiting for more Management jobs to open up, waiting to see how things shape up in my current position.  Things are sounding good, and there is potential, but I’ve been there 3 years waiting on the change of title, and with people reporting to me who actually on paper outrank me…  Well, would be more a problem if my personality were different, but I have built up my own little empire with very good people.  Lucky I guess, but I would be in an excellent position were the paperwork in order…  But still being a junior “Systems Administrator” in Math on paper at least…  Well, I’ve been told that has changed, but having not seen it in writing, and the “If it did not get written down, it did not happen” policy….  So, still HAVE a job of course, and that is great…  Just wanting to get it “in writing”.  Will be getting my paperwork in order to apply to start my Masters I guess…  Never thought I would, but any job my level or higher is kind of requiring this particular piece of paper…

No comments:

Post a Comment