Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Overflowing basement, vehicles breaking and it is mid July already?

So…  What to do with “too much stuff”…  As it is appearing a pretty darn good bet that several of my GW armies can be downsized with the new WFB being…  Well, not Warhammer Fantasy.  Read over the rules and it is a “no” for me at this point.  40K is also going in a somewhat silly direction, and it is another good bet I will not be playing the game any time soon again, if ever.  That one is a real shame, as I’ve played off and on since the late 80’s and I have amassed WAY too many armies over the years:  Wolves, Dark Angels, Fleshtearers (Blood Angels), Crimson Fists, Generic Marines, Grey Knights, Imperial Guard (Praetorians, so think “Zulu”), and finally Eldar…   Oh, and a Warhound class Titan and a Knight...  Just SO many models everywhere.  Nothing particularly valuable individually, and of course not really looking at just dumping the lots on e-bay to get next to nothing back for them…  Just seeing too many of the people I knew for a long time walking away from the game, and frankly haven’t played either of their games now in quite a while (measured in years for WFB).  So, I don’t know if someone were looking to pick up a bunch of stuff, get in touch I guess… 

The basement is feeling more and more like a tomb of ancient/dead games.  I have WAY too many dead games down there, but just can’t seem to get rid of them.  1st Edition Space Marine/Adeptus Titanicus (sp?)/Epic stuff mixed in with WizKids MechWarrior and BattleTech stuff in one corner.  Shelves full of Confrontation and related minis…  Then the 40K sprawl begins J…  So, I guess it is time to start packing some of it away.  Loads of ancient firearms there as well, should probably clean those and finish the armory closet…  Maybe get the painting station moved and set up a real “Hobby Area” for my wife and I complete with work bench, etc…

Waiting on payday, then ordering a few things for the bike I think…  REALLY missing the windshield, and yet another speedometer cable as I think I have installed them incorrectly with them dying so soon…  The Escape lost its exhaust flange, so the catalytic converter and the muffler are no longer attached.  Bolts rusted out, so that will be something I look at I guess.  The repair looks simple enough (thank you YouTube), so I guess I’ll give it a shot.  Need to pick up some more industrial strength break free (WD-40 is NOT enough) to get the rusted bolt head out of the flange and re-attach to the muffler….  Assuming I CAN and it does not break, this should be easy enough, but just saying that reminds me of the Clausewitz quote about “the easy things are the most difficult (in war)” …  So, we’ll see.  Might be a winter project, but may wind up getting a titled wreck/frame for the Magna and transferring everything that way…  Or just sell it as a “parts bike” and let the next buyer worry about the title.  In any case want it gone.  The Silverwing is running fine, but is just a tad too small for me to be comfortable taking it anywhere but in town, and I would very much like to go on longer rides…  So, I’ll probably get a Goldwing in the next iteration, can remove the trunk as I really just want saddlebags and a luggage rack to strap my ruck to if I am carrying more cargo.  Saddlebags need to fit my laptop and game stuff though as the Silverwing lacks in that area…  Probably get the "big bike" eventually, something in a Harley, Indian or Victory in a heavy cruiser with the nice hard side saddlebags...  But the Bluetooth headset my wife got me is working great as a comm unit for the helmet :-), so I am set there in the short to mid term...  And for the record, "Bat out of Hell" is an excellent soundtrack to cruise the back roads here in central Illinois....


Job search is a bust so far.  Other things are changing, so I guess we’ll see what shakes out when that gets settled.  Plus side I have some substantial things on the current resume that were not there in previous rounds, so my chances I would think are a bit better…  REALLY looking forward to next week ending as I can wash my hands of the one Department that I intend to have nothing to do with ever again….  Silly me volunteering to chair their search, but I think they have cured me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment