Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March, X-Wing League and stuff...

New FAQ dropped for X-Wing…  It fixed a number of the very real issues with the game.  Something you do NOT see with most other gaming companies.  Not 100% I think, they did not touch PTL and a few of the other borderline cards, but Manaroo, the Emperor, Zuckuss, and the x7 TIE Defender title…  Those were huge.  The Emperor going to call it before the dice are rolled is likewise big. Moreover, it makes it probably correctly costed I think.  Still REALLY powerful, just not going to be able to blindly use it as the insurance policy it became.  I think you’ll need to play it aggressive and quick.  NOT going to be able to just let it sit back and use it when a roll fails you…  Zuckuss is likewise I think corrected.  Can ONLY use it if you are not currently Stressed.  Kills off the Party Bus use and Dengaroo completely.  Well, the Bus can use it once.  Push through that one time Damage that might get you the game, just no longer going to be able to pile on the Stress and have no down side really…  All in all, great for the game I think.

Mind, the FAQ does not actually take effect until the 17th so one last event with the old rules.
So looking at this for the last event:
FennManarooKavil2 (100)
Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000
27
Attanni Mindlink
1
Plasma Torpedoes
3
Extra Munitions
2
Intelligence Agent
1
Anti-Pursuit Lasers
2
Ship Total: 36

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter
28
Attanni Mindlink
1
Autothrusters
2
Concord Dawn Protector
1
Ship Total: 32

Kavil — Y-Wing
24
Attanni Mindlink
1
Twin Laser Turret
6
Unhinged Astromech
1
Ship Total: 32


Not too subtle and I do not think it is overly OP…  The Mindlink is going to get Focus all around and for the moment, Manaroo still allows me to pass the Focus and Target Locks board wide.  Next week it goes to Range 1 only, so I suspect it will be relegated to some VERY odd builds instead of the uber utility ship she is now.  Eh, in any case it is a fun list to play…  Post FAQ I’ll probably get back to Rebels as they were where I started in the game.

Speaking of getting back to the beginning…  Getting the old Ranger back on the road.  Need new tires for that and the Silverwing.  So, guessing that’s where the tax return if any goes to.  But I want the girls to have the vehicle with the advanced safety features and the like…  Me, I prefer the older stuff, so the simple pickup truck gets me where I need to go.  Sticking with the heavier workout schedule and getting back into shape…  Slowly, but since going fast has many risks at my current age…

Cleaning an ancient rifle for a bit this evening pre Elliptical workout…  Weird, when I was in the Army I hated cleaning weapons…  Now, the brass, wood and steel of the ancient rifles are…  Well, comfortable for me.  1898 Krag and a No 1 MK III Lee Enfield.  So, American rifle from the Spanish American War and the British rifle from WWI.  Both have VERY smooth actions, are more accurate than I can be with them and still quite useful as basic rifles.  Not automatic and not nearly as efficient as the modern AR type rifles, but…  That and my go to rifle being the Garand I shot when I was shooting competitively in the old days.  600m targets with WWII issue weapons…  Firing AP ammo, so no body armor on the planet works at 300m or less.  Simple and solid.  Kind of what I'm trying to get back to...



No comments:

Post a Comment