Monday, May 29, 2017

X-Wing League AAR, what to change for SCs?


Mkay, played in the League with the Firesprays and…  Well, true to form the local meta had almost nothing in common with the rest of the world.  SO many Imperials after almost none in the last one.  The TIE SF has certainly come into its own with 3 Shields, 3 Hull and effectively 3 Agility…  Omega Leader is insanely good against my list especially…  Turns out that a LOT of the things in my list are things that got lumped in the FAQ as things that you cannot do against Omega Leader like adding dice for Fearlessness or rerolls and Focus conversion….  That was game one for me…  Mind, the player was one of the Bloomington crew and a really good player and a lot of fun to play against, so it was a fun game…  But not a successful one for me.  I got in a good shot on Quickdraw, almost took it out, but not quite…  Then Omega Leader went to work.  Kath was pretty much helpless against that ship the way I have her kitted out.  Fett did better, but those TIE /SFs are really pretty tough little ships.  Game 2 was against Chris’ S&V jank list.  The Tug kitted out with a Proton Bomb so it could throw bombs out the front if it goes backwards was pretty interesting, but it dies pretty quick when I decided to kill it.  Ventress in the Lancer was good, but the Firesprays are actually pretty decent against that ship.  N’Dru with the Cluster missiles…  Well, he rolled the 2 evades to avoid the Homing Missile taking out out…  Hurt Kath as they are the same PS.  Ended up that way as Fett was undamaged and Kath was below half.  Game 3 was against Allan’s Imperial list.  The hardest thing was the absurdly huge Upsilon Shuttle…  I kept bumping it, not expecting it to be almost a foot off the table J…  I erased his TIE Striker then the shuttle but he had Fel who was able to get Fett on a PS kill as we lined up for the final Joust with only a few Hull each…


What to change?  Not sure…  I am considering replacing Fearlessness with VI on Fett…  PS 10 just to get above the 9’s I was seeing.  The Homing Missiles might go to Concussion Missiles and give me a point to throw on Kath for Inertial Dampers or Cargo Chute…  Just not seeing enough of the Aces relying on the Evade/Focus that the Homing Missile hits hard against… Dunno, I felt I flew fairly well and was never totally outclassed...

Plus side, I got my ancient Silverwing back on the road and got in another test ride tonight as I tweak the minor things on it like adjusting the brakes, etc...  Great ancient bike and a lot of fun to ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment