Sunday, February 25, 2018

Long weekend...


So, got word that 2 people I knew in the ancient times passed over the last few days…  One was a guy I haven’t seen since we graduated High School together.  He had a party after, we had a few beers and chatted briefly, but never did see him again after that as I came down here to school then was off playing Army.  Never went back to Plainfield after that.  But he was a good guy. 

The other was someone I met while I was off playing Army.  He was from a country in Africa that no longer exists.  He taught me a fair bit about how to do things in the Field as a Light Infantryman/(insert term here)…  He was Rhodesian SAS and was probably one of the most dangerous individuals I have ever met.  To this day, I carry my rifle the same way he taught me to…  Looks kind of odd, but slung with the barrel down.  Slide your right hand along the stock and bring the weapon up and into action.  Hell of a lot faster than most people actually realize it is even possible.  That and he showed me a LOT about field craft.  Yes, I was a Boy Scout and camped a lot as a kid, but I was still a city kid.  Even today I can easily navigate anywhere in the world and probably survive.  There were some REALLY nasty tricks he showed me and I got to hear a lot of stories.  Not mine to tell, so they die with him, but with that perspective I know that even the shitshow my second tour turned into…  Frankly it was not all that bad.  This one always reminded me of him:



Playing a “Hanger Bay” event next weekend, so need to get some more practice games in…  Played one and promptly flew my Super Dash right off the bloody board.  Need to actually get used to that again and NOT fly close to the edge.  “Wookie Mistake” is ready to go, have a few proxy cards printed up to fill it out, nothing really major, just not wanting to buy another U-wing for a third Expertise or another Rebel Shuttle for another Courier Droid…

Other than that, building 15mm tanks…  StuGs and PZKfW IV and VI’s…  Last one is of course the Tiger.  Dunkel Gelb base coat on and getting ready to get the camo paint on them…  Interesting painting them up, taking a break from the American tanks I am building, and since I have a Btty of M-7 Priests ready to build…  Loads of Shermans, a few M-3 Stuarts to be Cav Scouts for me… 

No comments:

Post a Comment