Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just jotting down thoughts from the Airport... No X-Wing, just real life stuff I guess...


Wanted to jot down a bit while I was still moving and it is rattling around in my head…  It REALLY hit me last night while I was stuck at DFW…  So, I got flown out there and they have actually spent a fair bit of money on me already.  They did the Security Checks already… 

The interviews in person seemed like I absolutely killed it.  My presentation seemed like it hit every mark and was spot on exactly what they were looking for and needed.  Had lunch with the President and that seemed like it also went quite well.  The Campus tour was great and…  Not sure how to say it, there were just no red flags that I saw anywhere…  And then “my Secretary” ran me out to the Airport.  That was one of the things that I did catch…  Several of them on the Hiring Committees slipped up several times and used the incorrect tense or term implying that I was their choice.  Mind, I could be completely wrong and it could simply be a series of mistakes that all fall in the same direction…  Or of course they could simply be better poker players than I am J

When the flight out got delayed so long that I was guaranteed to miss my connecting flight I had a bit of time on to calmly go over a lot of this…  I was REALLY hyped up at that point and needed something to keep myself focused.  And so I got the opportunity to put things in order and slowly (for me) come to the somewhat frightening realization that I might get the offer.  And the offer might well be one that is in the range that I would be foolish to not take it…  And that in and of itself is frightening when I consider the sheer magnitude of what this means to move down there. 

I mean, the city itself looks nice enough.  I DEFINITELY need to brush up on my Spanish…  And with the oddness originating from the fact that the area essentially has 100% employment in an industry that pays REALLY well…  For a while.  The cyclical nature of the Industry and the fact that the Industry has absolutely no job security means that it could all go to Hell very quickly.  So, the area is in a great place now, but that might well not be the long term situation…  Working at the College?  MUCH more stable and if I am there?  I’m getting paid well I hope…

Which does concern me?  The Real Estate market is super tight…  And that is not a good thing from my perspective…  IFF I get the job we’ll be looking at selling the house in Tolono and then buying there…  Brief look at Apartments as I’ll be “Advance Party” I am guessing…  Just so many things…  And I do not really want to get ahead of myself since I need to actually you know, get the job before anything major like this need be worried about…

No comments:

Post a Comment