Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What to do for the team tournie?

Mkay,  So I'm going with my Deathwing force for my half of the team tournament...  So I have to get them fully painted and actually decide what I'm bringing out to play...  I think I can get the Spartan class Raider fully converted by the end of the weekend, and I have a few more TH/SS lads to finish up and of course...  So it comes down to whether I field 2 or three squads.  The more I play with them, the less I am liking the "Command Squad" option for the Deathwing.  The banner giving the +1 Attack is "neat", but really overkill in most cases.  The Apothecary giving "feel no pain"?  Given how much of the shooting that they tend to face that ignores FnP, I'm having a hard time justifying the expense...

So, a few squads of the lads...  And the Typhoon class Land Speeder of course...  Thinking that a Whirlwind is not a bad idea...  If nothing else, it sits to the rear and lobs rounds and hopefully survives.  Str 5 to hit the side armor of a rhino hull, DE skimmer or a Chimera rolling 2d6 and taking the highest actually might even do something...

Unfortunately, the options for the old codex are pretty sparse and 1000 points is pretty tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment