Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tea Parties and Occupiers...


:-)  Kind of amusing, at least from my perspective...  Not sure who wrote about it first, I read it on the Capitol Fax blog how when you get down to it the Tea Party and the Occupiers are fairly similar from an ideological standpoint…  Now, this assumes of course that you more or less discount/ignore the fringe elements of each movement…  Occupiers are unhappy that the big government is easily corrupted by big business, etc…  And the Tea Party is unhappy with the big government thing…  Not that it can become corrupted as it gets big, that is a given…  THAT it is so big and powerful is the problem.  I do think that if some common ground were to be found it would be a major shift in politics as usual, though I'm always suspicious of such things...  Will the "new" be any different than the "old" other than just another mask or puppet in the theater...  But then I'm a "bit" more cynical than most, being a "just leave me alone and we'll get along fine" libertarian type...  Not capitalized because they lost me after 9/11 with their "Well, it IS our own fault" official party line...  Having been over "there" for a few combat or "training" tours, I'm really not seeing how the irrational hatred of all things other than "that one specific hard line religion which shall remain nameless" really is our fault.  They seem to hate us just for existing...  But then I've always been an Engineer type, I don't really care WHY something is broken I care THAT something is broken and how to fix the problem.  And there is a LOT of shit broken over there.

On the gaming side...  LOTS of detail work and painting to get done by Sat...  Still 1000 points of Terminators is not that much in terms of models on the field, just have to be damn sure they are WYSIWYG...

No comments:

Post a Comment