Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back to painting and the basement of DOOM...

A bit windy, but the motorcycle is running great...  I think I've gotten the basic maintenance stuff down and I'm REALLY liking the ride in to work.  I need to get the seat recovered, and it looks like an e-bay purchase as I've found someone out there making custom ones for my model (1981 Honda Silverwing GL500)...  Not so sure I'll be able to find a radio/MP3 player for it, but thinking that something in a CB/headset for my phone...  Need something to keep in communication in the event I wind up on the road for longer trips...  Or maybe not, really kind of liking the idea of being off the grid for a while...

Painting a bit, it is kind of amazing how much more quickly the 15mm stuff goes...  In just a few minutes I was able to get a whole platoon of Mortars uniforms and helmets painted up...  So, the about half of the base coat up...  Not a lot of vehicles at the moment, but did find another "Platoon" of them...  M8 GMC's, but only 3 in the Platoon...  Light tanks with 75mm Howitzer, pretty sure they are not an option for my Parachute Rifle Company, but...

For 40K, I am DEFINITELY looking at something simple for my complete redo for my IG force...  Thinking that the "Brown Violet" like look to match the US paint in WWII...  Not sure if I'll actually play my Praetorians  any time soon, but...  Since I know with almost absolute certainty that I WILL play them again, might as well have them painted...  I have some ancient Marine Scouts that are going to become my Veteran Grenadiers with Shotguns...  Will convert one of the Heavy Bolters and some other lad to be a heavy weapon team...  I know I'm in the minority, but I consider it a bit of a waste NOT to have a heavy weapon on a squad with BS 4, especially given how cheap the weapons are...  :-)  Another holdover from my own time in...  I REALLY liked having lots of options... Just not really feeling THAT into the whole 40K thing right now, so I'll probably just keep things moving here and there.

So, Confrontation 3.5 is looking like it will be coming back...  Have to admit I am WAY more excited about that than 40K or frankly any other wargaming at this point...  Have to dig up my Wolves I think...  Get back to painting a lot of wee Gunn tartans for the kilts I've added on all the lads...

2 comments:

  1. :-) Yes, I've always liked the Rackham Wolfen figures, pretty much my all time favorite army... At least the old metal ones, a lot of the plastic pre-painted stuff was just not that nice looking... Just my opinion as always, but the plastics just didn't really have the detail or crispness I really liked...

    And of course, it's kind of sad to say that they were outside of my 3rd ed 40K RTT army (Fleshtearers of Doom) the first army I was able to field fully painted... My FT army was painted to the bare minimum 3 color standard to play in the "pre Adepticon" tournaments up near Chicago... It took until the old Gopher for me to field a REAL fully painted army... 'course a Wolfen force was something like 6 Wolfen, so not REALLY a major thing...

    ReplyDelete