Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fleshtearers 3rd Co, now with pictures...

Mkay, remembered to take my phone downstairs...  Meant to post yesterday, but exhaustion being what it is...










Yeah, crappy camera on the phone...  But getting there on the painting.

So far, Drop Pod and Sternguard are ready.  Threw together a Heavy Flamer trooper, and he has been awesome.  Happy overall with the Medic riding with the Squad...  Change from the 10 man squad that combat squadded and potentially killed 2 things as they come in.  That is the plus, for the biggest negative I think that it was really a one shot suicide squad.  If they failed to kill something, they'd get taken down in HtH.  Running Seth or CPT Sariel (Tycho) and the Medic in the squad has improved the survival of the Squad  by leaps and bounds.  And of course the 2 ICs can be split off to potentially deal with 2 additional things, and of course the potential placed shots are potentially huge...  REALLY happy with my Tycho equivalent when I fielded him, the SI ammo and the Melta

Scouts are ready, but I'm thinking about swapping out the SGT (Power Fist/Sniper Rifle) for something else...  Probably just the Sniper Rifle, but I'd be open to trying Storm Bolter or something else...  Dunno, but the way I play it, I almost never use the Fist so that's 25 points I can use somewhere else...

Assault troops are coming along, just need to finish up a few things here and there...  Need to get a few other special weapons set up...  Only one Melta Gun so far, but I am finding that one Melta one Flamer is a pretty good mix.  Plasma pistols I have WAY too many of, part of that legacy of them being almost standard issue in the ancient times I guess :-), but I guess the SGTs will be using a few of them...  And/or Power Weapons of course, being an Assault army of course...

Librarian/Mephiston?  I have a few painted up and Mephiston, thanks again to 40K giveaway!  But I have almost no experience using Psykers in this edition, and points being limited... I have yet to face a Grey Knight army in this League, but I am really concerned about them being able to be singled out and easily killed....  The GK Storm Raven is really powerful against a single or small number of Psykers...

Brings me to the other one I have yet to face a Necron army with an overload of fliers...  I HAVE a semi Storm Raven now that I could field to go for an Air to Air fight...  But what I have painted and ready, what I fielded last week will be pretty good, I hope...  The Quad Gun and Aegis line has been pretty good all around for me, and while it CAN be shot up and destroyed, I'll take my chances with the cover save I guess :-)  It's what I have, so that's what we run with...

No comments:

Post a Comment