Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fleshtearers Heavy Support?


Well, I haven’t used the Heavy Support much in the BA list…  Wound up winning on VCs because I was able to kill off a bunch of them like a Land Raider, Vindicators, etc…  Dropped in Sternguard, Assault Squads and Death Company assaulting are pretty hard to handle for Vehicles these days, assuming that it cannot be bubble wrapped to prevent the charge or Drop in the first place…  But overall I have been playing my Fleshtearers as a fast assault force, so almost no room for non scoring things that do not move quickly…

Thinking about bringing a Dev Squad, but concerned about the whole idea of fielding a bunch of 3+ armor save guys whose job is really to be shot at…  On the other hand a squad of lads with Heavy Bolters and Missile Launchers might just tear something up, especially if I have the Aegis line or a building to base them in…  Keeping a Medic nearby might be a really good idea, and mixing them in with my Sniper Scouts might be amusing.  If I bring 10, I can Combat Squad and either run a super Dev squad with 4 HW’s or split them into 2 Squads with 2 HW each.  Neat, but not being Scoring for most of the missions I’m not so sure they will be valuable enough in general.  Have a hard time bringing a Las Cannon or even a Heavy Plasma given the point cost, but the Heavy Bolters and Missile Launchers are 10 points and so might be worth overloading on.  Bringing a Razorback for the Squad might give me another Assault Cannon or keeping it cheap another TL Heavy Bolter on a fast chassis…  But having a hard time with that over say, a Predator…  In fact, having a really hard time thinking the Dev Squad would do better than a Predator roaming about.  2 Las cannon and an Auto Cannon gives me 4 shots, so fewer I guess, but FAR more mobile if push comes to shove… 

:-)  Just killing time and trying to think about slightly different things to add to the list... 

No comments:

Post a Comment