Thursday, April 18, 2013

So, on to another Army, Crimson fists for a change of pace?

Wolves are doing "OK", and I may well use them next week.  I DO like the Wolf Priest mit Jaeger saga, and Wolf Scouts I think will also do well enough to justify their being fielded...  Will still get murdered by aircraft though...  Might even stop raining by then so I can ride my bike out...

Looking at breaking out my old Crimson Fist force:

Pedro Kantor
Scout Squad (5, shotguns, Heavy Bolter)
Scout Squad (10, cloaks, 9 snipers, Heavy Bolter)
Sternguard (10, 2 Heavy Flamers, 6 Combi Melta, 2 Combi Plasma, SGT w/LC, Drop Pod)
Thunderfire Cannon
and ?

Thinking Land Speeder Storm for the Shotgun squad and maybe an Attack Bike?  I could drop the one Scout Squad to 5 men and take a Vindicator or the like I guess...  Liking the ability to drive forward and drop the big Str 10 AP 1 Ord template...  Might come in handy for 125 points...  Still have 55 points, not sure what non useless thing I can get...

Low model count army, and the bulk of the actual Troops are just regular Scouts...  Too many things these days taking away the cover save, so might go "poorly", but might actually work...  OTOH, Scoring Sternguard can be brutal dropping in on someone and combat squadding...

No comments:

Post a Comment