Friday, January 3, 2014

Legion List at 1500...

So, with the League running at 1500 points, I will give these lads a try...  Using the "Pride of the Legion" Rite of War making Terminators and Veteran Squads Troops (Mandatory 2 at least).  The disadvantage being that if I lose ALL of my Vet/Terminators, I give up an extra VP.  But at 1500, I might well have only the two squads, so getting wiped out I've already lost...  Not a real disadvantage as far as I can see.  And with the FAQ giving the unit with Sniper rule wounding on 4+, Rending, picking Targets...  

Legion Praetor (Cataphracti Armor, Paragon Blade, Combi Plasma)
Veteran Tactical Squad (Missile Launcher with Suspensor and maybe Flak?, loads of Bolters otherwise), SGT with Artificer, attach a Medic?

  Rhino w/Havoc Launcher ?  Maybe...

Terminator Squad (10, mix of weapons)
  Spartan Transport, Cermite)

And...  Mkay, that comes to 1200 or so points...  Maybe a Mortis class DN for the Wolves?  The Las Cannon option is pretty powerful...  Maybe keep the Forge Lord and maybe try out the Medic?

Not sure, the Void Shield Generators in the Siege book seem pretty darn good... Thinking they might well be the one thing that stops fliers and the superheavies...  So may well be something that becomes semi required...  Will have to come up with some terrain to become a Shield Generator...

No comments:

Post a Comment