Sunday, May 3, 2015

MI, Earthquakes, weather and gaming...

So, off in MI for a road trip with the family…   Got the new truck in time, so the trip up was quite nice.  Missing the motorcycle trip and the weather up here has been perfect for riding…  Ah well J  At least the weather will be back to rain next week…   Did get to be here for the Earthquake, not something hugely common up here…

 Not a lot of gaming the last week really, getting ready for STAW next Monday (the 11th) at the Gopher.  Hopefully a larger group of folks will come out and play.  The rules are a bit odd for this one, so I have to build a few different Fleets I think.  And I think we’ll need to get in touch with Dave and see if we can kick in to purchase the prize kits at least to run the events in our own group…  I REALLY want to get the USS Hood ship of course (I REALLY like the Excelsior class ships, but I really do not want to have the Store lose money for this…  Comes to that I can just E-Bay for the ships I really want.  Down side, I play Federation, Klingon, Romulan and Dominion so there are a fair number of the ships I would like to pick up.  BIG rule changes last week (http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2015/04/30/star-trek-attack-wing-announement/) nerfing the Fighter Squadrons and Borg in general.  GREAT for the game, just hoping it is not too little late for the game as a whole.  Got at least one of the old guard to come back and play, and thrilled.  Joe is a LOT of fun to play against and his Dominion are quite a challenge to face. 


Think I need to snag some of the nice Movement Templates…  Thinking that they are close enough between X-Wing and STAW/D&D AW…  And as the only really “competitive” stuff I am doing is X-Wing these days, should make sure they work for that…  Really looking forward to the K-Wing for the Rebels.  The S&V ships do not look all that interesting to me honestly…  The bombs look like they’ll make my Emon pretty devastating.  The extra Ordinance is useless for that ship in particular, but every other ship?  Maybe…  The K-Wing certainly looks like it will work amazingly well…  Get expensive though.  But it will be a drastic shift of the meta I think.  Makes the game pretty darn interesting to me at least…  

No comments:

Post a Comment