Friday, June 15, 2018

And then there were 3, testing X-Wing builds for SC season...


So, got in some testing…  The Boba Fett/Fenn Rau list with Expertise on Fett…  Did “meh”…  So, plus side, I am now back down to 3 potential lists for SC season.  Ran into the problem of tweaking a “Netlist”.  The “improvements” I made did not improve the list, they instead made it just a bit worse.  Fett DID hit hard, but jousting with Quickdraw took me down to just a few Hull.  So, back to VI for him as the PS advantage is just SO good.  Debating the Harpoon vs Homing Missile for him.  In the Meta I expect to see there will be more things that will be hurt by not getting to use their Evade Token than by the Harpoon condition…  Maybe.  The Harpoon followed by the Proton Torpedo is REALLY good. 

Mandelorians 1 (97)
Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31
39
Veteran Instincts
1
Ion Cannon
3
Dengar
3
Harpoon Missiles
4
Glitterstim
2
Bomblet Generator
3
Engine Upgrade
4
Andrasta
0
Ship Total: 59

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter
28
Push the Limit
3
Proton Torpedoes
4
Autothrusters
2
Concord Dawn Protector
1
Ship Total: 38


So, back to Phil GC’s Mandalorian list (https://suchanxwinghipster.wordpress.com/2018/04/13/the-67-the-mandalorians-strike-back/).  It is a solid list, but I have the advantage of several years of flying Firesprays that most simply do not have.  And of course I REALLY like the Mandalorian Protectorate fighters…  Fenn Rau is easily the best fit for me there with the “slightly more aggressive” nature of the Pilot Ability and Loadout I run…    

2 other lists in contention for me, but I suspect it will be this one and the Firestorm one (Nym/Ten Numb) that I fly as I have the most experience with them and frankly the Firestorm is a combination of brutality and ease of flying that I CAN use the whole day at a longer event without melting my brain…  The burden of execution is really on the other player.  I can set up to joust, and they can accept the joust or try to run.  Running buys you an extra turn living.  Does not change the results most times.  Yes, matches poorly against some things, but there are a LOT it just erases.  Quickly.  So, maybe in Bloomington, but not likely what I’ll run in Mattoon or even Urbana.  I suspect Champaign is going to be a toss-up for me, will likely make the decision “game day” as it were…  4 so far I am going to it seems, will see where the Peoria ones fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment