Friday, October 4, 2019

So, Firesprays it is for Springfield next week?

So, getting a very few games…  With the release of the Nantex I have to admit it pushed me to the edge where I do not believe that my Jedi list will do nearly so well at the Hyperspace event.  Boba Fett is a wrecking ball and surprisingly difficult to kill while he DOES a lot of damage…  Krassis is sneaky good.  The Snap Shot out both Arcs is huge.  I have run him with Qi’ra crew to lock onto a big obstacle and ignore it while moving and shooting.  Ideally it will be a big rock or Debris cloud to gain all of the advantages while shooting back at incoming enemy ships.  Snap fired 4-5 times actually doing a fair bit of damage for me and the Seismic Charges did a bit more and discouraged pursuit…  As a former “demo” guy I am quite familiar with that at least…  The Nantex or at least Sun is super scary for my Ace type list.  Yes, I can “just play better” and maybe avoid getting killed trivially by it, but enough people have figured out how to play against my Republic Ace list by now and Sun is just the final nail I think in that coffin.  At the end of the day, I have A-Wings (or an X-Wing if I use the 7B variant) and they will just die eventually.  Obi-Wan is incredibly difficult to block (or keep me from blocking) in his current configuration (CLT, Sense and R2-A6 to change the dial if needed)…  Fun, and probably on the broken good side.  But at the end of the day he is still just an A-Wing and even his Force and Luck will eventually run out. 

So, back to my Dual Firesprays it seems.  2 Ships and not a WHOLE lot of thought required as I am not really going to be trying to anticipate Arc Dodges or desperately trying to do so myself…  Big, heavy ships that I am going to be pointing at the enemy and running at them…  NOT a line up and Joust list, so I will be flanking, overrunning their positions and firing out the Rear Arc (and leaving a Bomb/Mine as a special gift on the way out).  Krassis getting the extra shots and having the Autoblaster to have the Ace killing threat if I can ignore their Evades is amusing and potentially something that can keep him alive in the end game. 
Borrowing the AB from a buddy here as I have no Resistance stuff for 2nd edition…  The down side of the new stuff only coming out in specific Ship packs for the moment is a thing…  Yes, the card packs that are coming “soon” will alleviate this in the longer run but of course this does nothing for the “right now”.  Overall I am still quite happy with 2nd edition…  The recent Tractor stuff is a fairly big negative, but nothing that is unbeatable.

Legion stuff coming along as well, I have a decent 500/800 point list set up I think for the next event locally…  500 point, and just straight kill units to score points…  Not a whole lot of strategy there and now that I actually have a basic understanding of the rules I suspect that I will do fairly well…  Things like knowing that Jedi like Luke can do the Evade action to allow the “Push” (Focus result in this game) to not only convert to a Dodge, but also cause an automatic wound to the shooting Unit…  Would have been brutal in my first Event as he did end up getting shot down eventually…  Had he the extra Dodges and ability to cause damage to the Attacking Unit?  Well, still PROBABLY would have died when he did, just would have taken a lot more of them with him…  And figuring out the ranking of the Dice colors (White -> Black -> Red) with the Red dice being SO much better than anything?  Well, the Heavy Weapon choices for my Gropos units has certainly changed from the Rotary Blaster to the Ion…  Honestly not even sure what the Ion effect does to Vehicles.  Just knowing that 2 Red 8 sided Dice are far better than 6 White 8 sided Dice :-) …

Job hunt continues, I am taking ITIL certification training to get that merit badge for my resume as well…  Unfortunately everything in Education seems to move at the speed of “Committee” and so it definitely takes a LOT longer than one might expect in the real world.  Even dug up my CS diploma and supporting documentation :-)  Amazing what you find from the ancient times.  I had honestly thought these things lost in the old house on Clark Street here or the other place I lived during that time frame…  But no, scanned in and now have the Transcripts ready should they become relevant for any of the positions I have or will apply for…  “Neat”, but as my old Platoon SGT would have said: “That and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee”…  So, nothing really THAT important, I think my experience and track record is far more important, but I suppose having the piece of paper saying “I did things” is good as well…

No comments:

Post a Comment