Tuesday, December 3, 2019

FFG news this week and...


So, another week and not a lot going on game wise…  FFG just announced that the format for almost all of their events will be Extended going forward though…  And I’ve put out the “Shall we run a Store Championship” question to the local group…  Maybe?  Scheduling might be an issue and I have no idea the cost of the kit itself, so we will see I guess…  But with Extended becoming the de facto standard for all events there is no longer the issue of having to be concerned about say my Firespray list having thise slight differences to stay legal in whichever style is being run for the current event…  

On one hand, that is great…  On the other hand of course, there ARE things that were never really well balanced for this edition of the game and there are simply too many things to playtest and balance to achieve perfect balance of course, but…  Nothing that seems too far out of balance that I can see of course, but then I did not see a lot of the Meta monsters coming either, so I may not be the one to judge I suspect…  Eh, time to get some of my more fun lists out onto the table I suspect but everyone is still in the “waiting on the points change” that is supposed to be hitting next month now.  No real point getting in reps with things that are “likely” to become far more expensive and be driven out of the current Meta…  Things like Regen Jedi for instance are almost certain to go up enough to no longer be the staple Squad they are now…  Or at least it is hoped by many.

Personally, I’ve been having a number of medical issues with my (formerly) good eye.  Iritis again.  So, pain, blurred vision and a generally bad time all around.  No motorcycle riding for a bit, no contacts, etc…  Painting has also taken a break as focusing clearly is an issue.  Makes doing things like say, working on computers a joy and a treat as well…  Back to the Doctor who did my last surgery this week to see what she says regarding a treatment plan going forward.

Next event is the 14th I think….  More Legion stuff as Ken is running that…  My Clones are at least primed/base coated by now, so I’ll be fielding either General Kenobi and 2 Squads backed by the Speeder or CPT Rex and 3 Squads backed by the same speeder…  Either way, seems good with the new 500 point rules FFG put up.  The Clones are a solid Infantry choice and liking how they play so far…

No comments:

Post a Comment