Friday, December 13, 2019

Legion this Weekend, life and X-Wing in holding patterns :-)


Gearing up for a Legion event tomorrow…  And at the 500 point level it seems that I have only one legal option with my limited forces…  CPT Rex leading out my 3 Squads of Clones (max size, 2 heavy AP rifles, 1 Rotary Blaster) and the speeder loaded out with the RPG sidecar…  Nothing horribly impressive honestly.  Rex allows a great deal of the Clone synergy to shine and as long as I can keep them together to support each other and stay out of close combat….  We have Blasters, shoot them.  Nothing OP I suspect, and looking at the (few) larger events standings the Republic tends to do…  Poorly.  Much to do with the extremely limited pool of Units from which to choose I suspect.  We do really struggle against some things like the Imperials kitted out with Heavy Armor in either their Tank or AT-ST backed by either just bodies en masse or Elites like the Death Troopers… 

It will be an amusing distraction at the least as things wind down for the end of the Semester here.  Rewriting my Cover Letter per suggestions stemming from feedback from my last failed application here.  I keep getting close, and perhaps with this feedback I’ll get a bit closer.  Honestly I do not remember offhand the number of interviews I’ve done over the last 2 years, but by now I am actually getting quite good at THAT portion at least.  Sadly, most of the interviews are external and so of a much lower “value” to me currently…  After meeting with Engineering’s HR, I got far better answers that I was able to find on my own and I need to hit 55 to “retire” from the University and most likely take a position elsewhere.  Mind, I can resign and get my massive overload of Vacation and Sick time paid out, and my Retirement Account is Self-Managed, so that is all fully vested and follows me just fine.  Just won’t be drawing from it for a long time so it just builds in value as I’ve invested the bulk in things that DO just earn interest and pay Dividends.  My “gambling” style tends to run only to things I can actually control and so I followed the advice of an old friend who put it simply as “only invest in things that pay you Dividends, anything else is just speculation or gambling”.  Still sending out applications at a much lower pace, looking mostly in the TX/AZ/OK areas.  I have to admit I was really quite impressed by the (several) places I did interview with in TX and the visits were exhausting but enlightening.  No vacations really for me, but I did spend  a few of my days on that before losing a bunch yet again as I can only carry forward 2 years’ worth…

X-Wing?  I’ve changed my Dual Firespray list a bit, dropping the Stealth Generator on Boba Fett’s ship to put in Proton Bombs on Krassis’ ship.  I found myself FAR too often wishing I had a bomb there and it is amusing to do the “Oprah” thing and declare “You get a Crit, You get a Crit and You get a Crit”…  A shame that the other Titles for the Firesprays are just too expensive to use…  Or perhaps Slave 1 is too cheap.  Probably both.  Slave one is one I would not be surprised to see go up on 9 Jan…  As I’ve said before I suspect my other lists being Jedi/Republic will change rather drastically when the points are updated, so no real point worrying about them now.  The Firesprays are…  Less likely to change much as they are pretty solidly “B-tier” at best in the grand scheme.  I can fly them well as I have been playing them for years now and am one of the few who has, but at the end of the day they are still pretty sub-par Ships overall…  I just happen to like them, and they do fairly well locally at least.  Heck, I won my Dice with them, so…


No comments:

Post a Comment