Sunday, February 14, 2016

Armada Store Championships next Week,,,

So, sick most of the week…  Still recovering.  Actually missed a few days of work which does not happen often…  But gave me time to think while I was awake of course…

Running into some issues with several Intel wireless cards on Windows 10…  Have my brand new one back with Dell to have them look it over.  Great machine otherwise, but without wireless working correctly, well…  So, we’ll see how this shakes out, but seeing more of them hitting and since I’m typing on a backup machine with the same issue…  Well, maybe a driver update will deal with it…

Got into a discussion about open carry vs concealed carry…  I’m generally OK with either, but honestly if you see me walking down the street with a rifle best perhaps to take cover because if it has not already hit the fan, it is about to.  I’m not one to pull a weapon of make a threat until I am already acting to deal with the threat.  So, were I to carry legally of course I would do so concealed.  Mind, if I am EXPECTING trouble, I load for bear and use a rifle not a pistol…  But I have never understood the desire to carry an AR into a restaurant…   Carried the M-16/203 for years, so I might have burned out on that “carry a rifle” in public thing…

Gearing up for the Store Championship next Saturday at the Gopher...  Have a few tweaks to my list I think...  Tempting to fly something completely different, but this list gets me wins, so...  Nothing special, really just a 3 ship list with fewer upgrades than I like and some YT-2400s to play linebackers for the MC-80 and Assault Frigate to do the heavy hitting...  The Corvette is actually a real threat as well, i have taken down Gladiators and Raiders easily enough with it...  And even the Imperial Star Destroyers ignore it at their own peril...  I'm worried about the mass fighter lists and to a lesser extent the "Christmas Tree " list with only a few really big beefy ships that I cannot take down without losing my own fleet...  My mission selection is pretty good and guarantees that I can get extra points for the margin of victory...  This will be what makes the winner, win/loss record is NOT the way it works. In this system. ...  And the 10-0 win is almost impossible. You can get a 5-5 win and lose the event to someone else who wins bigger, even if they are 2-1 on the day and you are 3-0...  So picking the ones that are either a sucker bet for the other guy to give me like Advanced Gunnery or the ones to give me extra points for doing what I was going to do anyway…  Fire Lanes and Dangerous Territory are good for the extra points here…

SC 1   
Author: pchappel
Faction: Rebel Alliance 
Points: 400/400   
Commander: Admiral Ackbar
Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Fire Lanes 
Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory 
[ flagship ] Assault Frigate Mark II B (72 points)
-  Admiral Ackbar  ( 38  points) 
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points) 
-  XI7 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
MC80 Assault Cruiser (114 points)
-  XI7 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
 Jainas Light  ( 2  points) 
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
1 Han Solo ( 26 points) 
3 YT-2400s ( 48 points) 
1 X-Wing Squadron ( 13 points) 
1 Y-Wing Squadron ( 10 points) 
Fleet created with Armada Warlords



Or something like that J…  It is next Saturday so…

No comments:

Post a Comment