Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wolves again, maybe it will work again...

Well, Bran Redmaw worked well in his own way...  OK suspect that it would be far better at higher point levels though.  210 for one figure in a 1000 point game is a LOT...  So, replacing him with a Wolf Priest who has "Saga of the Hunter" is 110 points.  This gives me preferred enemy against one "type" and frankly the Chaplain types are all fairly well equipped for whatever they face...  The WGBL could come close and likely be better if slightly more expensive...  But the loss of Fearless and Preferred Enemy for the Grey Hunter squad makes it far less likely for me...  So, I tool out a full squad of Jaegers...  Bring a Wolf Guard and the Priest for the 12 man squad with a mess of special weapons and rules to hit a flank...

The cost reduction also gives me the ability to field a squad of Scouts...  More bodies and "Behind Enemy Lines" with Meltas huge locally with so many tanks...  Until people figure out that an Aegis line with Quad Gun kills the Scouts as s they deploy...  But for now not seeing many of them...

Another note...  I bring all of my Jaegers with MotW and special weapons...  Plasma and/or power weapons if I can as well...  Yes, fewer bodies overall but the lads are there to fight not just bring the Razorback and be technically scoring...  Everyone shows up to fight in my lists...  I guess I am also not so averse to bringing Plasma weapons, just that they cost a LOT more than I think they should given the cost of Melta...  And since I actually have some of the ancient Wolf Scouts w/ Plasma pistols, guess I field them in place of my old Power Weapons that used to actually be quite good...  Just not being able to assault out of Reserve these days means we're kind of stuck for at least a turn...  MotW on the other hand...  I'm going to have to modify the lone Sniper I have for the lads in some way I think...  Spending the 3 points on the SR seems silly at times, but 36" range is nice later in the game or if I just roll REALLY badly on the board edge roll...  And it's not like I am actually giving up a HtH attack with the d6+1 attacks for the Werewolf...

No comments:

Post a Comment