Thursday, June 23, 2016

X-Wing... Gopher Tournament prep as June ends soon...

Playing the Echo/Decimator list a lot…  So far, I play a LOT more aggressively than most, so 4 Forward, 1 Boost and I can usually get shots in starting early… Now, the big weakness of this list seems to be that Echo/TIE Phantom in general is EXTREMELY vulnerable to not getting the Cloak bonus to the Agility roll.  So, Bumping, Debris, higher PS, my being silly and not taking Initiative when say, facing Miranda with PS 8 just like me…  J  Did THAT today.  But in general, things PS 9+ do not really have that difficult a time putting in a hit or three on the expensive Agility 2 ship.  Still, it IS a lot of fun to play, and it does drive folks a bit nuts with the weird movement I can get out of it… 

Have the first X-Wing event I am TO for coming up at the Gopher next weekend (2 July)…  REALLY hoping that the Imperial Veterans come out by then as I’m thinking that will be a lot of fun…  The TIE Defender is a lot more difficult to take off the field than the Phantom…  Fits my play style a lot better I think, I tend to be a lot more direct and value resiliency AND agility…  Oh, and they hit fairly hard.  Will I fly 2 Defenders?  Maybe.  List gets pretty tight then.  2 Defenders and…  Probably a TIE/fo like Omega Leader or Epsilon Ace as just a “decent” ship to back them up?  2 TIE’s at 12/each for blockers?  Or maybe a TIE Interceptor or TIE Adv Prototype I guess…  But those are getting to the VERY low end of the equipment they’ll need to survive in the modern game.  Only the TIE/fo seems like it is not just throwing away points to me, but of course, I could be wrong…


Getting some point on my Imperial Blues…  Not looking too bad, but my eye injury is making detail work impossible, so…  Going a LOT slower, mostly getting base coats at this point.  But my lads do stand out on the table a bit, and that’s what I am going for…  SO many Imperial Aces these days, I want mine to at least look different so I can see which are mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment