Monday, July 18, 2011

What I'll be bringing tonight...

:-)  Yeah, subtle...  But riding the motorcycle, I have a VERY limited amount of space to bring out my toys, so I've already chosen my list for the league, more or less...  Changed it up quite a bit for tonight, dropped the Terminators for a regular Assault Squad...  Don't get me wrong, the Terminators are REALLY powerful, especially backed with a Sanguinary Priest (Medic for us old timers), Librarian, etc...  But having the scoring unit sitting back in the Land Raider is almost as good, and doesn't expose my lone LR to  all that annoying Melta fire while they babysit an objective...  That and I'm wanting to try something a bit "less min/max" for my Fleshtearers.  The Death Company I bring are almost always well worth it, especially with the Chaplain to give them loads of re-rolls...  The Predator (AC/Las sponsons) is perhaps a bit too good being "Fast", but at 135, a staple item for the list.  My Vanguard Vets with 2 power fists pulling a heroic intervention are another REALLY solid choice.  Especially since the one GK player this league is not actually playing Knights, just an Inquisition list really...  So, no worries about deep striking right on top of the target...  Mind, I like to use my locator beacons from the Scouts and the Drop Pods to not HAVE any scatter, but with only 1d6, I'll usually risk it in any case. 

5 Death Company, 2 w/ power fists, all with Jump Packs...  Considered Lemartes, but I still dislike using "named" characters if I can avoid it (Warmachine/Hordes was one I did not jump into originally because of that), so I have a Chaplain kitted out with a power fist of his own to accompany them...  Might have Dave order Lemartes though since he would be just a few more points, and he is NOT an IC to be singles out, etc...  Something to think about at least..

Other than that, 2 Dreadnaughts, one Death Company with the Talons, Fleet, effectively Extra Armor, etc...  It runs behind the Land Raider or wherever...  The other DN is a Furioso, pretty much "stock" with the fists, I like to throw in the Heavy Flamer and Magna Grapple, and it deploys via Drop Pod (with Beacon)... 

My Scouts, full 10 man squad trying Heavy Bolter this time to accompany the Snipers...  Mostly because I HAVE 3-4 of the old Scout w/ Heavy Bolters and I just want to see what the weight of fire actually does, maybe I'll actually hit something with the lad this time...  Can't really complain about the Missile, it did get me a win a few weeks ago by offing a random IC that ventured out in a kill point mission...  Still, just testing the theories at this point...

Anyway, we'll see :-)  Still thinking that I should have simply kept to my Deathwing, but I'd get bored I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment