Sunday, May 1, 2016

Titan Month 2 AAR

Titan AAR…        

So, went with the Jumpmaster list with Tel and Dengar…  Went 2-1, so did fairly well.  Missed the cut for final four by just a few points…  Think in my last game, had I killed one more ship I would have made the cut. 

First game was against a fairly new guy…  He had Corran Horn, Wedge and an A-Wing…  I think Gemmer Sojan…  He made a critical error early by leaving Horn too far from Wedge.  Proton Torpedo almost killed him, but in any case put him down low enough TO be killed later.  Wedge took the second Torpedo to the face, and that finished him.  Tel wound up dying once, but Dengar was insane with his movement tricks… 

Game 2 was against Ham’s Crack TIE swarm…  Was a TOUGH game…  But I wound up winning…  Barely.  But honestly I was surprised that the Jumpmasters could take them all out.  Turned out to be a Turn Zero win I think.  I placed the Asteroids in tight on his half of the field.  He had to split up to chase me, which allowed Dengar to do his thing… 

Third game was another Wedge, Biggs, Airen Craken and a TLT Y-Wing.  The Y-Wing died easily, as did Biggs…  Unfortunately my heavily damaged Dengar wound up not quite making a tight turn and flew off the table by a few millimeters…  He would have died to the Z-95 and Wedge, but at PS 9 I would have at least shot back…  Potentially doing enough to take one of the bastards with me…  Turned out to be the new “Integrated Astromech” that kept Wedge barely alive as Tel exploded and the Dead Man’s Switch had them at Range one…

So, like I said, 2-1 and a MOV that was just a few points shy of the top 4 cut…


So back to Rebels I think for the final Month…  REALLY liking the X-Wings with some of the new toys out there…  And the Ghost build I have…  Well, it would probably work well…  One of the final 4 was a 6 Z-95 build with Concussion Missiles all around…  So, that I think beats the TIE Swarms, and melts big ships in general…  Guessing the Swarms thing will have to be a serious consideration to deal with…

No comments:

Post a Comment