Saturday, May 18, 2019

X-Wing as the Republic...

So, getting in more games with my Republic forces…  I DID try the 2 Jedi list for a bit, but with only Anakin and Obi-Wan on the field it was good but extremely unforgiving.  A single mistake or bad roll and it is over.  So, probably a no for me.  The 2 lists I have been having success with are the Obi-Wan and 3 ARCs and the Anikin/Mace with 2 Torrents.  With the first list flying a single 104th  Squadron with Sinker and Wolfe.  Obi-Wan is basically just there to support and I lack the points to put the 7B upgrade on his ship.  Trying a swap to Luminara to help mitigate Damage but losing the 3rd Force point and I5 might be bad…  That list I’ve been calling my “Iron Curtain” list as I grew up watching the Pittsburg Steelers a lot in the 70’s (my father was from near there) and it just seemed apt…  NOT subtle, just line up and bull rush the other side.  Even if they DO get behind you, not the end of the world as there are still Arcs covering that area and I’ve spent a long time flying the ARCs between the two editions and so am fairly used to the quirks of the ship.  I am flying a slightly different version as the 104th cards are only 1/pack and I have re-purposed my “Rebel” ARCs to fly for my Republic forces…  And I like having the slightly higher I and re-rolls for everyone…  Seems solid.

The 2 7B’s and 2 Torrent list is amusing…  I’ve skipped a bid and Mace has Sense to help assure Blocking and the Torrents are surprisingly good at that…  I can see why this list has been doing so well in Tournaments.  I’m getting better at the whole fly to block thing that is pretty much the opposite of my normal “Ace” flying where I am trying hard to avoid being blocked and shot at while getting in my shots where I can… Flew it last evening and the Torrents got in more blocks than they did shots…  Mace with Sense made it fairly trivial to place the ships to block and it allowed me to get in the hits while the target was out of position and off balance…  This list with Luminara in place of Mace works out fairly well…  Less direct damage from the Jedi, but those Torrents last bloody forever…

Signing up for some events at Gen Con…  Trying for Nationals (or whatever they are called now) on Friday and maybe another Hyperspace event either Friday or Saturday…  Will see, likely will still be running my Republic forces then against the likely field of Rebel Beef (Beef Wedgeington as it has been dubbed :-) )… 

No comments:

Post a Comment