Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dwarf Jump Infantry?

:-)  So, thinking of running some of the "Stormboyz"...  But the Squats AFAIK never had jump infantry...  Looking at picking up a few Mantic Forge Fathers as additional infantry, but no real idea what to do to make jumpers...  Though I do have an old brand "x" jet pack or three I could replicate...  Hmmm...  Finding the Orks really don't have a lot of choice but play aggressive against Necrons at least...  Guessing this will be the case for a lot of armies...  And I REALLY like my jump troops...

Long ride on the bike today...  2 hours is apparently my upper limit.  Not thinking that it was the seat, I think it was more the lack of highway pegs...  Need to be able to stretch the legs a bit now and then, and just not happening on the old Silverwing...

4 comments:

  1. Hasslefree makes some jump packs for their Space dwarf line. I've seen them used on IG, so they are a bit small, but they are good quality and price.

    http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=jump-packs~hfl201&category=miniatures~grymn-close-combat

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look nice... If too good really :-)... They look very futuristic, and like they'd actually work :-) I'll probably be digging up some of the old RT era ones I have and seeing how they work with Mantic's minis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they would look awesome with little helicopter backpacks! A very dwarvish/orcish thing to do. Or if you want even more orcish, great big rockets strapped to their backs and a goblin with a huge match running around to light them off!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Going more "Dwarf" than "Goblin"... But the rocket packs might be an idea that I can easily scratch build/make one and resin cast a bunch... Especially with the 1/6 chance one just goes splat every single time you use the packs... Sounds like an Acme product to me, maybe have a coyote in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete