Monday, June 25, 2012

New book incoming...

Well, pre-ordered the Warhammer 40K 6th edition book from the Gopher...  (20% off for pre-order/pay, so as good as online sites, with added bonus of supporting the store I game in...  Wasn't sure they were doing this, but Bill was quite helpful :-)  Making that last minute sale...  Guessing we'll see what really changes.  Rumors and early info are all looking pretty darn good.  Sounding like we'll be hitting 2000 points for a normal game.  My Eldar might even make a resurgence...

My fun and games with the Squats I think will be tabled for the moment.  If Mantic does the kick starter thing for their Sci Fi game, perhaps I'll kick in for some of the Space Dwarves...  Then I'll make some Airships for fighter-bombers...  May well make some of the "Space 1899" ones for my IG in any case, just too amusing to have the Praetorians on those things...

2 comments:

  1. I stopped by the store last night to talk to the Gopher about something else, then I said...So, my curiosity got the better of me and I hear 6th Ed is coming out. Is it too late to preorder a book?

    Dave says we stopped taking preorders yesterday...but for you I'll make an exception. So I think I got the last book of this first order.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Dave! I have to admit I am a bit excited to see what is changing... Really disappointed in the way GW is doing the release through. Since they are in competition with their own retail stream, and generally insist that full retail be charged, to have offered a free shipping and 10-20% discount to people pre-ordering through them (using secret codes mind) seems a bit much... But I don't play games there, so...

    Kind of interested to see what, if anything comes in a boxed starter set... And it does look like the Eldar might be playable again...

    ReplyDelete