Sunday, December 4, 2011

1500 point level!

So, we're moving to 1500 points and I know that I am facing Necrons...  New codex, good player, so this should be interesting at least...

I'll probably field something like this:

Logan Grimmar
Wolf Priest (Saga of the Hunter, runs with the Terminators)
Rune Priest (Tempest Wrath? and maybe Jaws of the World Wolf or Lightning)
Wolf Guard (6 in Terminator armor, various combi weapons, Wolf Claws, one with CML)
Wolf Guard (3, various weapons mounted in Razorback)
2 Wolf Scout units (Melta, Plasma Pistols, etc...)
2 Long Fang Squads (ML's, HB's a Plasma Cannon or two...  One squad loaded into Razorback)

Light on Troops IMO...  But with a REALLY solid shooting core with some pretty decent HtH backing it up.  And then there is the 2 squads of Scouts lurking in the background...

Not sure about the Rune Priest, but looking at potentially loads of skimmers...  So, the 100 points maybe to add to Wolf Guard?

2 comments:

  1. Dont think you need 2 scouts at 1500. And you should have more than 9 scoring models. Minimum of 3 units at 1500. Even just a 75 point 5 man pack with flamer is better. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Yes, if I were playing more competitively I don't think I would have fielded Logan at this point level... Or at least it would have been either him or the Wolf/Rune Priests... Mostly just a "proof of concept" for the potential "Anvil" or "Rock" unit to be fielded. Wolf Guard w/ Preferred Enemy and armed with Combi weapons (Plasma and Melta)/Wolf Claws gives the unit a fairly high offensive potential while the Terminator armor/3+ cover save from the Jaeger saga (we play a LOT of area terrain locally).

    The 2nd Scout unit was really just the DN/Scout choice since I had the 115 points left... Not enough to really put the Hunters in a Razerback (I only use the ones with TLAC/TLLC or Las/Plasma)... Knowing I'd face Necrons, figured the Scouts would be a better choice given the sheer number of shots that could deal with my DN... 'course I was wrong the way Squirrel built his army and the one squad rolling in from "Behind Enemy Lines" to assassinate the single Destroyer Lord left in the open rolled snake eyes for their PP's, killing one of my own and getting only a single wound from one of the 2 Melta shots :-) Been a running theme for my lads recently, hoping the new paint scheme will normalize their luck at least... Even rolling average would be huge :-)...

    My more typical list would be Rune Priest leading out 3-4 Grey Hunters (3 Razors 1 Rhino) with the single Scout unit and likely a single Fang unit... Maybe 2 if I had the points...

    ReplyDelete