Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tournament Sat...

So, looking like I am playing Eldar this weekend...  The basic part of the army is Wraithguard Maxxed out with the Spirit Seer to make them Troops.  The second Troop is a squad of Pathfinders.  Beyond that...  Well, at least one Wraithlord.  the choice beyond that is either the Wraith Seer from IA 11 or Eldrad.  I am leaning towards Eldrad as it gives complete"magic" control, punishing the enemy for daring to use spells and able to cast three a turn while casting one twice if needed...  Not sure the War Walkers are worth 60 points each these days at AV 10 and 2 hull points...  8 shots at S 6?  Not horrible I guess...  But T8 on the Wraithlord?  Other than the Dark  Eldar Not many armies can easily deal with them...  100-150 points, I tend to use 2 heavy weapons to go with the 2 flamers....  Star 10 MC for the AP 2 makes them a threat to anything in HtH...  Kind of...  2 attacks base, so not killing much..

The FnP on the Wraithguard was amusing...  But ultimately I think not needed.  If I had marched them up the field it might have been, but hiding in cover, not so much...

Still no real answers to fliers and Necrons in general, so thinking we will lose that matchup...

All in all, looking forward to the new book...

2 comments:

  1. Is the Eldar Codex really the next one out, and if so, when is it due? I would really like to see something happen to make Guardians a viable troop choice again as I have a bunch of them from the old 2nd-3rd edition days.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Rumor" of course.... But pretty solid... Yes, looking forward to seeing more things from the Eldar's distant past... IIRC, your lads were quite impressive in a desert scheme? I remember them looking really nice... I'm running a few ancient things, hoping to surprise some of the new armies...

    ReplyDelete