Thursday, May 23, 2013

So, Eldar...


Looking very much like the Eldar are the next codex to be released...  Not sure as GW of course has not officially announced that, but there agree leaked photos from overseas versions of the White Dwarf...  So, another surprise release with no coordinated announcement...  Eh, par for the company.   They are surprised when something released in say, Deutschland can be scanned in and shared with the rest of the world...  Or pictures at least :-) ...  Of course that brings up the Whole part of them (GW) punishing retailers for breaking their sacred "street date" with the WD...  Now, different countries have different dates, their own stores have different dates than outside vendors and of course the subscription bonus was in theory that you would get yours prior to"street date"...  Never worked that way at least decades ago when I was a subscriber, but...  Goes back to my theory that rules must apply equally to all, or they mean nothing.  But then I grew up near Chicago where it was pretty obvious that the rules (laws) were NOT equally applied, it mattered more who you knew and how much power, money or influence you had...  :-)   but back to games...

In any case, getting the book, Dave has my previous order for the as of now not official release :-) ...  The pictures leaked look good...  So guessing if the rules are reasonable, I will get a flier and probably some Wraith Guard...  The Wraith Knights look amazing, but the "rumored" price of $115 +tax is something that I will have to wait and see on...  That much for one model seems pretty high...  I mean the Baneblade and Gargant are that price... Those are bloody huge and of course not really playable in 40k..  This might be the start of the Knight class Titans for 40k, merging apoc with 40k....  No clue myself of course, but it would be fun I think...

The rumors and rule leaks have been good, but honestly I am really hoping for a book I feel like I have more than one viable army out of the book...  It will be interesting to read I guess...  And of course, I posted this on the wrong blog :-)  Could be why I could not later find it...

2 comments:

  1. Man! I would so love for Guardians to become a viable troop choice once again. Nice to see new Wraithguard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumors have their main weapon getting a good boost and the Troops themselves getting something like move-shoot-move... We'll see, I am hoping that a lot of the things I have can be fielded without it feeling like I am just throwing the game or insulting my opponent by saying that I can play at a huge disadvantage and still win... Looking at my Banshees, Hawks, Guardians, and... Well lots of the things really :-)

    ReplyDelete