Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eldar Saturday... So, next League

More and more of the book is "in the wild" now...  I have to say that I am liking most of it...  It appears that the old ones penance is finally over for the stupidly overpowered 3rd edition codex...  The range of their Shuriken Catapults is the only major disappointment for me...  Well, that and the lack of a good way to actually use the old Scorpions and Banshees...  No assaulting from Reserve and no Assault Transport, so...

Wraithlords can now take 2 heavy weapons, 2 flamers AND the sword...  So I guess I have some modifications to do...  They lost a few points of Str, but overall, not at all bad I think...  The Wraithguard I am less sure of, but I do NOT need to bring the huge unit of 10 to make them a Troop choice.  Just a HQ Choice, the Spirit Seer.

Comparing the Guardians and Dire Avengers...  Haven't seen the whole DA listing, but 18" rage for their guns vs the 12" on the normal ones...  The new shoot/run or run/shoot thing is a neat idea, but I think the Heavy Weapon the Guardians have might prevent that or be wasted...  I will probably have a mix, and I am liking that the Guardians are NOT looking completely useless...

Looking forward to fielding the Swooping Hawks again, and the Spiders are looking pretty darn good... And depending on the Flier's rules and how the model looks...  Well, looking like another purchase I guess :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment