Monday, November 19, 2018

X-Wing: my Rebels hit the table (like a lead zeppelin) and looking forward to Wave 3...


So, a few more games in and this is what my list is evolving to:
DashNora2.5 (200)
Dash Rendar — YT-2400 Light Freighter
100
Trick Shot
1
Kanan Jarrus
14
Shield Upgrade
6
Outrider
14
Rigged Cargo Chute
4
Ship Total: 139
Half Points: 70 Threshold: 6

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 Starfighter
55
Intimidation
3
“Zeb” Orrelios
1
Tactical Scrambler
2
Ship Total: 61
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 5


I tried the Veteran Gunner/Turret Gunner on the ships but have yet to get it to actually go at all…  Not once.  So, Kanan comes back and we’ll see.  Norra becomes the Blitzer who just runs right at the enemy and blocks…  With Zeb, Intimidation and the Scrambler I should be able to shoot in base contact while they are -1 Agility.  Yes, they can shoot back, but I get the +1 Evade.  Also, Dash should be trailing at a distance to pile in the heavy Attacks…  Will see I suppose how this works out.  This sort of list flies so much differently than the Ace type lists I am good at where I can just fly and react as things happen…  Trust in my ability to fly it well.  This seems the other side of that coin where Dash needs to stay far away at all costs.  Not a lot of the Daffy Duck “Parry, Dodge, Lunge” that I do with the Aces…  Still not convinced the Rebels really have much of a chance at this point, but will keep trying I suppose...

Had my Dash go from full to almost dead in a single round today, so getting in close and bumping is bad, but the Critical Cascades are just beyond brutal…  Fuel Leak being the second (of three) Criticals that hit him in a single attack…  So, 3 Damage became 5 like that.  So, not entirely convinced that Large Bases are going to be usable in this Edition with the Damage just piling up that quickly…  Certainly NOT like they were in v1 with Dash being a Meta staple until the end there.  Faced a Dengar in the JM5K in the last Event…  Was unimpressed.  The ship itself just is nowhere as good and the abilities lock you into a forward Arc that can be dodged easily enough.  And of course with the game itself getting so much more deadly he lacks the staying power he had in the old game.  Will see how this list plays out over time I suppose…  It IS fun, and likely what I’ll play until the Third Wave hits…

Speaking of that…  SO looking forward to my beloved Jedi J…  Since I identify pretty well with Anakin (the Clone Wars version at least) with the…  Let’s call them “anger issues” coupled with the being really good at the whole fighting thing…  Pretty much summed up here:



The Jedi Fighters (Delta 7’s) look amazing.  Fly like the Fang or TIE Interceptor, but with Force users and what look to be Force actions.  Not sure if they will be efficient, but they look perfect for me and a lot of fun to fly.  The ARC-170’s are back and look amazing as well…  Not so sure about the V-19 Torrents…  Seem “OK”, but almost like something closer to a Z-95 in terms of abilities…  So, filler ships I suspect for me, and so not really something I am overly interested in.  Will see.  Much depends on the points they end up costing of course, and as that is not information we have at this point is I think pointless to try to build lists or anything.  Just looking forward to snagging these when they DO come out.  

Re-watching the “Clone Wars” series, had forgotten how good it actually was.  I did prefer “Rebels” personally, but like I said, I could see where the older series was really quite good.  NOT a kids show, really aimed at the Star Wars crowd and I think they hit their mark well.  So much so that the much maligned “prequel” movies actually seem a lot better…  Well for me at least J… And even then I am ignoring/forwarding through the parts with Jar Jar and some of the more overly dramatic parts with Anakin.  In the Clone Wars, he was portrayed as a real bad ass who could be a cold blooded killer when push came to shove…  So, his fall to the Dark Side was not a surprise at all as it was in the movies…  Well, we all knew it was coming, but it just seemed to be lazy writing how “and this happens” hit…  But of course, I have no clue how much got cut out of the movies that might have made it make more sense watching it…  But watching the Clone Wars between the second and third movie made it all fit in quite well.




No comments:

Post a Comment